Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Team Keely's Adventures as a Banker in Bristol

Wassup!
Team Keely (me, myself and I) is living in Bristol and really enjoying it. I have officially deemed it the 'Friendliest Place on Earth' because I have experienced so many random acts of kindness here. For example, I missed the last bus home one night after salsa dancing and some random stranger went to the cash machine and gave me money for a taxi homeā€¦.isn't that odd, but extremely nice? It is a fun city and its easy to meet new people with lots of parties and places to go out. I met up with two incoming SBS MBA students and did my best to scare them about all the work ahead of them... then we went salsa dacing.

As you can see, I had some rafiki visitors from SBS, too! This weekend, Luis, Alex, Hossam, Kalim, Natalia and I explored the beloved Bristol Suspension Bridge and had dinner outside on the harbour. It was a special weekend.

As for work, I am doing an internship with Triodos Bank, an ethical bank which does retail and investment banking for social and environmental businesses www.triodos.org. Proud to say that we financed renewables 10 yrs ago, before it was cool.

Well, that's all folks. Team Sam, if you want to extend the pub crawl to Bristol next time the Globe is closed, come on down to visit cuz we have over 500 places to go out here!

Warm wishes to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home