Saturday, August 13, 2005

now that's a bunch of hot air


Did you know that Bristol is home to the largest ‘balloon fiesta’ in the world? Well, neither did I until I looked out my skylight window and a hot air balloon was flying nearly two meters above my flat…and then two and then three..four! Later in the evening thousands gathered for the 'nightglow' which entailed fire glowing balloons lighted up in sync with musical rhythms.


It was quite a sight because my flat is a conversion of an old church and some of the windows are stained glass (we even have a saint still on the roof above our kitchen--see pics). Well, that’s the word in Bristol. Random acts of kindness still occurring left and right here, too.

Its great to hear the stories of everyone's adventures in the blog. Happy Birthday to both Lionel and Michael today!

3 Comments:

Blogger Winky said...

What an amazing flat! That balloon thing looks cool, too. Bristol, who would have thought...

3:23 am  
Blogger keely stevenson said...

Thanks, dude-- I am in awe at your pics and stories, winky. Sounds like your team is having a blast. I mostly wish I coulda been there to learn how to knit from your mum! ;-)

2:38 pm  
Blogger pato san said...

Hi Keely,
I´m Patricio, and I will be attending the MBA at SBS since next October. I read at the yahoo groups in an e-mail about the social entrepreneurs that you were working at Triodos Bank in Bristol. I revised its web site, and it seems that working there is exactly what I am looking for after the MBA! I wanted to ask you for some advice. Could you kindly contact me at my e-mail?: patricio.arboleda@novartis.com
I would really appreciate it!
Thanks in advance and congratulations on your nice flat!
Patricio

7:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home